Customising an Ikea toy kitchen… and it is finally ready for Christmas.
Here’s a quick list of what I did to the DUKTIG Ikea toy kitchen:
- Painted the raw wood parts using Little Greene Paint Company wood primer and then the whole thing in Intelligent Eggshell in Loft White. This paint left over from doing up his nursery.
- Primed the grey plastic with a spray primer.
- Sprayed all the primmed plastic pieces gold with a metallic spray paint.
- Painted one cupboard door and the back sections with blackboard paint.
- Covered the counter top with sticky backed plastic that looks like butchers block wood.
I’ve collected together some gorgeous accessories and play food for Luther’s Ikea toy kitchen to look its best and for him to get the most out of playing with it. I’ll put up a separate post on these after Christmas when it’s in his room.